[mythtv-users] stop recording after 30 minutes no matter what EPG says

barbex barbex at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 08:39:18 UTC 2011

Hi everybody!

Here in germany we have a strange setup that some channels are shared.
So for instance the channel is called Nick during the day and in the
evening after 8 o'clock it is called ComedyCentral. In the EPG I have
two entries for the channels. The data I get for the EPG sets the last
show on Nick like it would run all night till 5:45 when Nick starts
again.

Now I want to record that last show but I don't want to record all
night of course. Is there a way to tell MythTV to record a show for 30
minutes and then stop no matter what the EPG sets as end-time?