[mythtv-users] Powersaving AMD CPU for my system wanted.

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Dec 10 17:21:13 UTC 2011

On 12/10/2011 05:21, Tim Draper wrote:
> i'd be taking a look at the newer Fusion AMD chips - a4, a6 or a8's
> depending on the grunt required (i believe they are all full-chips).

I'm not sure what you mean by "full-chips".  The Fusion chips are
nothing more than a STARS core with no L3 and reduced L2, strapped to a
Radeon die.  All it does is cost more, consume more power, and perform
slightly worse than a comparably clocked Athlon II.  If you're not going
to use the integrated graphics, don't buy one.