[mythtv-users] Auto-transcode to x264 and update MythTV database along the way

Robert Waldner waldner at waldner.priv.at
Fri Dec 9 16:29:29 UTC 2011

On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 09:35:10 CST, Jeremy Jones writes:
>> Thanks for the pointers - right now I'm trying to figure out how to get
>>  the commercial-detection information out of the DB, so I can then use
>>  that to make chapter markers in MKV.

> Not sure how to do this, but I do recall someone telling me that the
> markers are based on frames.  If your transcoding operation changes the
> frame count then you will need to run the commercial flag after
> transcoding. If you need help extracting that information and do not find
> it by google search then I would start a new thread on that subject.

I can cope fine with either frame-number or time-index, though
 frame-number of course will be more exact.

I think it's going to be just finding a whole uninterrupted hour of
 staring at an strace of mythcommflag and the DB.

>> (I am not watching the recordings via Myth, as that machine is nowhere
>>  near my nice&big TV-set; I use a different media player (Xtreamer) for

>Are you using the myth UpnP or another DLNA server or just an SMB share?  I
>assumed the SMB share, hence the need for the "Pretty" folder/File naming.

NFS instead of SMB, because no Windos anywhere, but yes otherwise.

DLNA, now that I've read the overview on Wikipedia, sounds interesting,
 though - I always thought it was just a different name for UPnP, and
 that that was purely for clients requesting port-forwards on NAT
 gateways. I'll have to read up on that, because it sounds as though it
 might solve a whole bunch of other problems.
 Thanks for pointing this out to me!

cheers,
&rw
--
-- "The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless
--  that for some people it is a complete substitute