[mythtv-users] Auto-transcode to x264 and update MythTV database along the way

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Fri Dec 9 15:49:18 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011, at 09:35 AM, Jeremy Jones wrote:

Not sure how to do this, but I do recall someone telling me that
the markers are based on frames.  If your transcoding operation
changes the frame count then you will need to run the commercial
flag after transcoding. If you need help extracting that
information and do not find it by google search then I would
start a new thread on that subject.

I can confirm that - my commercial flagging is done first, then
transcoded.  I do this because if I decide to watch the video
first before it transcodes, at least I can skip :)  However, the
commerical detection can be several seconds off after the
transcode, which doesn't cause a real issue, I just have to wait.
:)

--
Kris B.
[1]krisbee at krisbee.com