[mythtv-users] How to make the LIRC_DEVICE static in Fedora 16

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 16:50:34 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Anthony Giggins
<seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

> On 8 December 2011 14:48, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 6:15 PM, Anthony Giggins
>> <seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

>> > You could always use
>> >
>> > LIRC_DEVICE="/dev/input/by-id/usb-15c2_0036-event-mouse" or where ever
>> > /dev/input/event6 actually points too if you know the usb id
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> >
>> > Anthony
>>
>> Anthony,
>>
>> Can you let me know how to figure out where that points to?  Here is
>> the output from lspci -v:
>> Here is what lspci -v
>> reports about the PVR-350 card, which has my IR receiver:
>> 03:06.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15
>> MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
>>       Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV PVR-350
>>       Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 21
>>       Memory at f8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
>>       Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2
>>       Kernel driver in use: ivtv
>>

> try
>
> ls -al /dev/input/by-id/
>
> and/or
>
> ls -al /dev/input/by-path/
>
> the one you want should be symlinked to  event6

Neither of those directories exist:

[root at localhost input]# ls -al /dev/input/by-id
ls: cannot access /dev/input/by-id: No such file or directory
[root at localhost input]# ls -al /dev/input/by-path
ls: cannot access /dev/input/by-path: No such file or directory
[root at localhost input]# ls /dev/input
event0  event1  event2  event3  event4  event5  event6  mice  remote

remote is the symlink I created that does not work.  Will have to try
Bolek's method when I have time.