[mythtv-users] mythtv (or driver) hangs my mythbuntu box

José Silva jsantossilva at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 8 02:58:58 UTC 2011

On 07-12-2011 18:56, José Silva wrote:
> On a clean installed mythbuntu with a WinTV-PVR-USB2, when I click
> WatchLiveTV the system completely hangs

Never mind, "mea culpa", just found the reason, at least apparently.

So, for future memory, I didn't know that my new Zotac Zbox had USB3
(didn't read the... you know what).

So, apparently the present kernel still doesn't deal so well with usb2
connected to xhci (usb3) hubs. At least, after I discovered the
connection to usb3 and changed the tuner to usb2, the backend setup
started behaving normally.

Cost me long hours to discover this, don't make the same mistake.

Keep well
jss