[mythtv-users] Need S-Video and DVB-T for new Myth box [UK]

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Dec 7 13:29:48 UTC 2011

   I'll shortly be building a new Myth box to replace my 7-year old one, and
I want all-new components if I can.

   I currently have a Hauppauge PVR-350 for s-video in (only [for H/W
encoding a satellite box's SD analogue output]) and a Hauppauge Nova-T
(single tuner).

   A quick browse around is pointing me at a Hauppauge WinNT-Nova-TD-500
(dual tuner) and a Hauppauge ImpactVCB (or -e version).

   Does anyone have any opinions on either of these?  Or any others?  I'm
willing to accept other manufacturer's kit, I've just found the HP stuff to
be reliable so far.

   I'm not bothering with HD just yet (don't yet have HD satellite, and we
don't have full DVB HD around our way), although I will want to make sure my
box has the oomph to do it in the future.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature