[mythtv-users] Setting up a backend on Ub11.10

SiR GadaBout sirgadpc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 14:01:39 UTC 2011

Hey.

Karl Dietz replied:
> The easier alternative is obviously to just install from sources or go
> for the on-air guide data and not use xmltv at all.

Aha, well that sounds ideal. Frankly, I don't know why I need xmltv at all,
but all the How-Tos I've encountered specify it as a necessity, so I went
with it.  If you could direct me to the documentation detailing how to use
the OTA schedules with MythTV, that would be a kindness.  If you fancied
also linking me to a current, beginner-friendly tutorial or How-To on how
to set up a back-end on Ub11.10 using minimal dependencies, that would also
be a kindness.

Regards,

S.