[mythtv-users] Missed recordings

Bernard Giannetti thebernmeister at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 21 09:34:56 UTC 2011

> Are you recording whole series like this, or just one-off programmes?
>
> In addition to Mike's reply (I'd estimate about 80-90% of my rules are
> "Any channel" recordings), you might want to use the standard "Find
> and record one showing of this title" rule for one-off shows instead
> of your current "Record only this showing" as it is not constrained to
> a particular timeslot (although note there are also the more specific
> find daily/weekly options) and will handle shows subtly altering their
> start times.

Up until now, I've exclusively used "Record only this showing" as I mistakenly thought that's what I should use as a general rule.  I will at times record a whole series (say Big Bang Theory), but I was recording each episode one by one (as the episodes are also repeated at different times).

I've now set all programs to be "Record at any time on any channel".  It's only been a couple of days, so I've not yet seen the original issue happen (recording not happen due to a time change).

I'm still trying to get used to how the scheduler works by using the blanket approach of "Record at any time on any channel".  Seems the scheduler will pick up previous show titles and auto-select for recording individual episodes.

Anyway, so far it seems MUCH better to have additional/over recordings in comparison to missed recordings!

Thanks!