[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect timing out during Mythfilldatabase

Tom Lichti redpepperracing at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 19:20:54 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 2:50 PM, DeKay <dekaymail at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've had a problem crop up where program listing information wasn't
> showing up on my mythbox.  I ran mythfilldatabase from the command
> line and the issue seems to be timeouts during the download from
> Schedules Direct.
>
> Other details
> - wget to other sites maxes out my internet connection, so that isn't it
> - I'm from Canada
> - I have dd-wrt on my wireless router.  No weird firewall rules or
> anything like that are set up.
> - It worked fine a few months ago.  I haven't touched my router in that time.
>
> No sign of a similar problem that I could see on the SD forums, and I
> didn't see a spot on the SD site where I could raise an issue that
> wasn't lineup related.
>
> Ideas?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

I am in Canada, I use DD-WRT on my router with no special rules, and I
did not have any issues running mythfilldatabase just now. I am using
Mysql 5.1, but I can't see how Mysql would affect download speeds, so
I would guess it's something to do with your account specifically. Did
you try using the contact us page?
https://www.schedulesdirect.org/contact

Tom