[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect timing out during Mythfilldatabase

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 19:47:31 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am in Canada, I use DD-WRT on my router with no special rules, and I
> did not have any issues running mythfilldatabase just now. I am using
> Mysql 5.1, but I can't see how Mysql would affect download speeds, so
> I would guess it's something to do with your account specifically. Did
> you try using the contact us page?
> https://www.schedulesdirect.org/contact
>
> Tom

 I think it could still be the mysql problem. Consider that wget gets the
first one or two files OK. If mythfilldatabase then begins processing them
and gets hung up doing so, perhaps it slows the system down as a result.
Both users with the problem have 300-500 channels to update. I run
ArchLinux/mysql 5.5 and don't have the problem, but I only grab data for 12
channels.