[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HVR-950Q: First couple minutes of recordings get garbled

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Fri Apr 8 08:21:50 UTC 2011

On 4/6/2011 2:29 PM, Kevin Ross wrote:
> So I've at least narrowed it down to one of:
> 1. Computer hardware (USB controller, etc) problem
> 2. Driver problem
>
> I'd like to try running MythTV on my Windows laptop with a live CD of
> some sort, to possibly eliminate the computer hardware as the problem.

I ran a Kubuntu 10.10 (2.6.35 kernel) live CD on my laptop, and it would
tune perfectly every time in Kaffeine.  I tried about 100 channel tunes.

I then booted the same live CD and same 950Q on the HTPC where I was
seeing the problem, and I still see problems with the same live CD in
Kaffeine.  So I think I've narrowed it down to a hardware problem on
that particular computer.  Bummer.

-- Kevin