[mythtv-users] MythArchive in 0.24: Sorting broken in 'Select Recordings'

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Apr 6 23:59:38 UTC 2011

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011, John Pilkington wrote:

> I opened a ticket for this, it says '3 months ago'.  Nobody's done
> anything with it yet.  DVD is so yesterday.

:-)

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, John Drescher wrote:

> I was trying to figure out whether it was the myth coding standard
> (not being a developer) to handle the sort in RemoteGetRecordedList or
> just sort what it returns.

Not really in a coding standard, but I would think;

1) A new remote method might return a sorted list. e.g.
vector <ProgramInfo *> *RemoteGetRecordindsSorted(bool sortByDate);

2) MythArchiveHelper should have multiple sorting criterion.
e.g. Press 1 to sort by date, Press 2 to reverse sort by date,
     Press 3 to soft by Title/Subtitle, Press 4 to sort by length,
     Press 5 to sort by size

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|There's a warm cosiness as   |
                                     | all your internal organs are|