[mythtv-users] MythMusic coexisting with other players

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 07:21:17 UTC 2011

Hija,

I've been using mythmusic for some time right next to ampache and I've also
sometimes given amarok a testdrive.
They all used the same directory that contains the mp3 files.

The reason for this is simple, mythtv uses its own database for storing the
metadat of the mp3 files, ampache has it's own mysql database and the same
goes for amarok. (or whatever database you have configured for storage)

But if you are still afraid to share the mp3 directory with a different
application simply put it on read only. Nothing in the directory will be
changed if you do that.

Regards
Rob Verduijn