[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Thu Sep 16 15:51:31 UTC 2010

> For the time involved you should start again.

I agree and have done just that, waiting on it now and will work on this on and off as I do my other work today.
I went with the 12.x DVD installer.

> If you are not using rpmfusion or atrpms to install the nvidia driver,
> then as soon as the main fedora install is done, add 'blacklist nouveau'
> to the /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf file, and install the nvidia
> driver from the bin file. If using the .bin file, do this *before* doing
> your 'yum update' pass. When installing the new kernel, the installer is
> smart enough to build the new boot image to use the nvidia driver.

This time, I left the card in the system when installing and picked the available nvidia legacy 5x drivers.
Should I still add what you suggest above?

> yum install nvidia-graphics-legacy-173*

This seemed to go fine when I got the drivers file from nvidia, it's just that the lib could never be seen for some reason.

> About one quarter of the way down on that script is a section which
> writes a number of lines into /etc/ld.so.conf.

Again, should I run this script you point me to even after a DVD install? I didn't go with source. I could if that would be best.