[mythtv-users] Better listings for Schedules Direct users. Free! (was Re: another scheduling strangeness/question)

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 13:32:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> However, use of --dd-grab-all has not been optimized, so it can take
> significantly more CPU and RAM than a "normal" run of mythfilldatabase.
>  Users with resource-limited backend systems may not be able to use the
> argument.  We also ask that those users who cannot use --dd-grab-all do not
> use --refresh-all, either.  Instead, they should run with default refresh
> options.

Data point -

P4 3.0 GHz
1.5GB RAM
MySQL and recordings on separate drives
OTA source with 12 channels
Dish Network with 148 channels

mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all took 9 minutes to run, with a
mythcommflag job running.  The mythcommflag job stayed above
mythfilldatabase in top output and memory usage was actually pretty
consistent.