[mythtv-users] Swapping PCI cards kills X

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Thu Oct 14 17:15:47 UTC 2010

> The posts I read said to start at 128, and then 256, 512 and finally
> 1024..  I assumed you were doing this from the console - editing grub
> at boot time, then ctrl-x to boot...  Well, "b" if grub 0.x or grub1..

Yes, I tried all of them one at a time.
Actually, no, I booted the system, edited grub and rebooted each time.
It's been a long time since I've had to mess with grub so wasn't sure if I needed to rebuild anything. I did read that one needs to run grub-update or something but there is no such command on the system. By the time I started looking into that, the system stopped booting so that's where I'm at now.

When I boot the machine, it just locks up instantly, I don't get a boot screen otherwise I would have edited right there this time around.