[mythtv-users] hauppauge hd pvr, product id 0x4903

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Mon Oct 11 05:23:45 UTC 2010

  On 10/10/2010 10:06 PM, William Cahill wrote:
> now when i modprobe hdpvr, i get /dev/video0 to show up in
> /dev/.  but when i cat /dev/video0, i get an input/output error.  from
> what i can see in the driver&  /var/log/messages, it looks like the
> width/height/fps of the stream is 0.  it fails after that.  which
> obviously, isn't very good.

I have a device with an ID of 4902, so this may not apply, but...

What input are you using on the HD-PVR, component, s-video, or
composite?  I get an input/output error if I don't have the hdpvr module
configured to use the right input.  It defaults to component, so if
you're using s-video or composite, you'll want to add an option:

modprobe hdpvr default_video_input=#

where # is 0=Component, 1=S-Video, 2=Composite

This is only needed if doing the "cat /dev/video0" test.  MythTV
configures it properly based on your selections in mythtv-setup.