[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Tue Oct 5 18:51:11 UTC 2010

> Well obviously this is the first thing we should check.
> On my FX5200 the s-video works from the bios i.e. when you switch on
> the computer.

I did try booting with the s-video connected and saw nothing on tv.

> 1) Switch off PC. Disconnect any VGA cables.
> 2) Plug in svideo cable to PC and TV. Make sure TV is on the correct
> channel.
> 3) Turn on PC.
> 4) You should see the usual PC start up messages, BIOS checks etc.  If
> you don't then you have a duff card (or possibly duff cable or even
> duff TV) and we can go no further.
> (Unless.... there's something you need to configure in the BIOS to get
> it to use the FX5200 as its output)
> Basically the TVOUT should work when you switch the PC on so long as
> the cable is plugged in ***before*** you switch the PC on. (if you do
> it afterwards the TVOUT is not enabled)
>
> Sorry if this sounds like I'm talking down to you, I don't intend to.
> I just want to be absolutely sure that we haven't overlooked the
> obvious!

Nope, your input is totally on track. Nothing wrong with a check list of things to double check.

Ok, so, doing nothing special, just having the card in the system, I should see BIOS on TV.
I'll give it another shot today some time and see what I get.

BTW, should that be the case on the Matrox G400 I've got installed in there right now as well?