[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 18:05:54 UTC 2010

> Mind you, I also pointed out that it's always possible that my card's s-video port is busted too.

Well obviously this is the first thing we should check.
On my FX5200 the s-video works from the bios i.e. when you switch on
the computer.
So:

1) Switch off PC. Disconnect any VGA cables.
2) Plug in svideo cable to PC and TV. Make sure TV is on the correct channel.
3) Turn on PC.
4) You should see the usual PC start up messages, BIOS checks etc.  If
you don't then you have a duff card (or possibly duff cable or even
duff TV) and we can go no further.
(Unless.... there's something you need to configure in the BIOS to get
it to use the FX5200 as its output)
Basically the TVOUT should work when you switch the PC on so long as
the cable is plugged in ***before*** you switch the PC on. (if you do
it afterwards the TVOUT is not enabled)

Sorry if this sounds like I'm talking down to you, I don't intend to.
I just want to be absolutely sure that we haven't overlooked the
obvious!