[mythtv-users] Configuring Hauppauge 1600 for capture

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 17:08:51 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:58 AM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
>> Your refresh rate does not match the video frame rate and the CPU in
>> the system might be too slow to keep up?
>
> The system is dual 2.8Ghz XEON which equates to 4 CPU;s, two being virtual of course, and 4GB of memory.
> You'd think that should be plenty of power no?

That should do!

> In the nvidia x-config setup, I believe the refresh is set to 60hz.
>
> I do notice that in the FE, in the Playback settings, that Current Video Playback is set to CPU+.
> There are other modes in there. Maybe the default isn't right.

Run the frontend with -v playback and see what it is doing that causes
it.  I have seen this a couple of times when the video frame rate was
jacked up, and the audio re-encoding could not keep up.  It sounds
like your machine should cope though, so disregard my posts  :)

>>Do you have X setup to allow multiple modelines and have mythtv setup to allow
>>native video resolution playing?
>
> I'm not sure, guess I need to do some research to know how to answer that.

No need to worry about it, but it does help even on beefy machines at
times..  You can search for "judder-free playback" in the wiki.