[mythtv-users] Configuring Hauppauge 1600 for capture

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Tue Nov 30 16:58:43 UTC 2010

> Your refresh rate does not match the video frame rate and the CPU in
> the system might be too slow to keep up?

The system is dual 2.8Ghz XEON which equates to 4 CPU;s, two being virtual of course, and 4GB of memory.
You'd think that should be plenty of power no?

In the nvidia x-config setup, I believe the refresh is set to 60hz.

I do notice that in the FE, in the Playback settings, that Current Video Playback is set to CPU+.
There are other modes in there. Maybe the default isn't right.

>Do you have X setup to allow multiple modelines and have mythtv setup to allow
>native video resolution playing?

I'm not sure, guess I need to do some research to know how to answer that.