[mythtv-users] satellite tuner card

Elizabeth Steinke liz at twistedpair.cc
Fri Nov 26 19:44:01 UTC 2010

Hello :)

My desired satellites is galaxy 19. I believe its just a KU band FTA
satellite. We currently have a sathawk and sonicview reciever (the sonicview
is not really my favorite) :(.  Our dish is motorized and has one invacom
LNB.

What are the advantages of the quad LNB versus single LNB? Does myth support
quad LNB's?

The only card I could find that was available here in the US was a hauppage
790 Nova S card. Hopefully, it works out. If not I will have to contact some
friends in Ireland or China about getting a better card.

I do envy you folks in the UK you have the BBC (Dr who!!! and My Hero :) !!
and lots of good sats.

Thanks!
--Liz