[mythtv-users] ffmpeg working on eac3/truehd/dts-HD audio streaming

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 08:55:03 UTC 2010

On 26 November 2010 19:23, GZ <gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could bitstreaming HD audio be a possibility for inclusion in 0.25?  I think
> that would be pretty sweet.

If it's supported and included in ffmpeg by the time 0.25 is schedule
for release.

Then yes definitely ; I already have the UI ready for it.

Note, that MythTV 0.24 already supports E-AC3 and TrueHD, however myth
will do the decoding and output it as LPCM 7.1

>Any people with an NVidia 9300/9400 IGP

I'm a tad unclear if those chipset actually supports DTS-HD passthrough.
This was one of the new feature of the GT210 and GT220 when they were announced.

For a start, nVidia got it wrong with their channel ordering over
HDMI. So if you use those as-is for HDMI and LPCM, your channels will
be completely mixed up