[mythtv-users] [mythtv] BrowserBased setup

Per Lundberg perlun at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 20:12:25 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 1:16 PM, James Courtier-Dutton
<james.dutton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Each satellite normally has one channel that contains an EPG.
> During idle times, myth could switch to this channel and look for any
> changes in the channel-transport mapping.
> Also, while playing a tv channel, there is channel-transport
> information in the MUX, so myth could detect any differences even
> while watching live tv.
> I am working on implementing the EPG for 28E.

Interesting - nice initiative! As you say you're working on EPG for
28E, does this actually mean that the format of the EPG data differs
from satellite to satellite?

It would be nice to have the feature for other orbital positions also,
but if we have to do it position by position, it's obviously "a bit"
more work than just doing it once for all of them.
--
Best regards,
Per Lundberg