[mythtv-users] [UK] - What's the best way to capture from a Sky digibox?

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 15:14:08 UTC 2010

On 24 November 2010 10:10, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

Perhaps you could detail the signal path between the STB and capture
> card (i.e. cables, adapters, the sockets you're using, etc) so we can
> get a better understanding of what might be going wrong?

To be honest since relocating my backend some time ago I really can't
remember now how I had it connected. I do know that I tried various cables
and both s-video and composite but never had much success.

Now that the backend and the digibox are in different locations (plus I have
to go crawling around under the floor every time I need different cabling
between them!)  I'm really looking for a solution that will allow me to use
the Acer Revo (that's mounted on the back of my TV) as a secondary backend
to capture from the digibox.

I was kind of hoping that someone would already have a similar configuration
and could maybe suggest some myth-compatible hardware (and ideally something
less expensive than an HDPVR ;) ) that would get me up-and-running without
too much grief.

George