[mythtv-users] [UK] - What's the best way to capture from a Sky digibox?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Nov 23 14:19:28 UTC 2010

Richard Morton wrote:

> So capturing from sky (or virgin) legally and within the agreed terms of
> service would be via component capture (hdhomerun) using a scart breakout
> lead or svideo. Capturing from rf isnt really very good.

I'm assuming you mean HD-PVR here, HDHomeRun is a purely DVB-T solution.

Also be aware that Scart to SVideo leads or dongles will usually give you
composite video, not component, with an attendant reduction in quality.

(This is currently what I do, and the resulting video, while just about
acceptable, is nothing to write home about).

--

Mike Perkins