[mythtv-users] [UK] - What's the best way to capture from a Sky digibox?

xavier hervy xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com
Tue Nov 23 17:49:12 UTC 2010

On 23/11/10 13:13, George Poulson wrote:

> I'm coming around to that way of thinking too - although it is quite a
> 'culture change' from the way of watching that we've all grown up
> with. I also still need to educate the OH to this way of thinking ..
> she is 'used to' the sky gui and controls and so there is still a need
> to switch between watching live TV direct from sky and watching
> recordings from myth. I am working on it, but giving her the ability
> to watch recordings of channels such as Animal Planet would definitely
> win me lots of brownie points :)
You might want to create a Sky Theme for myth and configure the sky
remote to work only with mythtv ;-)

I use the same card as yours i.e the Hauppauge HVR-1300 to capture
freeview or Virgin cable. The quality is not that great (compare to
freeview) but I never notice any desynchronisation  between audio and
video.
If you are interested, I can have a look how I plugged everything
together (it's been a while, I can't recall) and what is the
configuration of my backend.

Xavier