[mythtv-users] 0.24 no sound with Alsa multi pcm - channels setup problem

Matt Taylor mwtaylor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 19:20:06 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 21:15 +0000, David Knight wrote:
> Ah I missed this thread will have a look on gossamer threads.
>
> JY - I'm guessing the solutions here will also help me with the
> problem I
> emailed about a few days ago. Where I used to get audio via analogue
> and
> digital spdif in 0.23 using ALSA:default ?
>
> Dave

JY, sorry for taking a while to get this done but using the second patch
of yours also works and I can output sound to my alsa:default device.
This fixes the major problem I was having (thankyou) but I've still a
couple of (related) things I would ideally like to resolve.

Having looked at the problem Dave mentioned, I think Dave and I are in
pretty much the same situation with what we want to do. I also want to
be able to output output over digital & analogue (and dmixed) for normal
stereo stuff, but bypass this and output the pure digital 5.1 when
available for dvds etc. using my receiver to decode DD/DTS. I had this
setup working fine in 0.23 by outputting to my alsa:default device
(still works in mplayer). In 0.24 my first priority was getting sound at
all, now I would like to be able to have the same auto digital/analogue
setup I had before without having to change audio output settings for
dvds. (Perhaps I should join the other email thread rather than say this
here.) As it stands even though I can tick DD/DTS for my alsa:default
device (and have tried setting a separate digital output device in
advanced) I cannot get DD/DTS to work. Did you get a solution to this
that works in the end?

Much appreciated,
Matt