[mythtv-users] How is 0.24's music handling?

Robert Siebert trebor_s at web.de
Mon Nov 22 11:46:29 UTC 2010

 On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 02:05:09 -0700, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

> I just finished ripping my 360+ CD collection to my main workstation
> and
> currently use Amarok (in KDE 4.5.3) for playback.
>
> Since my Myth box needs upgrading I'm wondering how well MythMusic
> competes
> with Amarok these days and whether I should invest (yet) in moving my
> music
> over to my Myth box and keeping all my media together.
>
> I'm a newb to music players but features I like in Amarok so far are
> cover-
> grabbing, lyrics display, Wikipedia page, and scripting. Maybe there
> are
> features I'm missing that I should be aware of.

 I also would like to see some progress of the intended rewrite of
 mythmusic.
 Mythmusic can't do: grabbing, lyrics display, Wikipedia page, and
 scripting.

 It would be nice if the mythmusic developer would state the progress or
 put the plugin into svn as mythmusic2 or something so that other user
 can see the progress and contribute. If noone knows how far the coding
 is already done, people are probably afraid to start a new mythmusic
 plugin that can be used as a starting point.

 Best regards

 Robert S

 Links:
 ------