[mythtv-users] Backend crashing since adding Freesat source (SOLVED)

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Nov 22 09:15:42 UTC 2010

On 21/11/2010 16:15, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 7:27 AM, Paul Gardiner<lists at glidos.net>  wrote:
>>
>> Brilliant! So this can be fixed. I wonder if you can tell me how to find
>> out what configuration was used for my version? Is there a way that
>> a built myth can tell me? Maybe I could post it for you to run a quick
>> eye over?
>>
>> I suppose it might be better for me to build myth from scratch, but I'm
>> a bit nervous of having to solve a lot of problems that the packman
>> packagers have already had to deal with. What do you think?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>         Paul.
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> Most of the enable options can be sussed out when using mythbackend
> --version.  They're not a one-for-one copy of the configure options,
> but most of them are pretty close... something like using_vdpau
> indicates the --enable-vdpau was used.  Note that not all of these
> using_ strings are configure options.  I'll give you my examples,
> hopefully that will help:
>
> mythbackend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version   : 27307M
> MythTV Branch    : trunk
> Network Protocol : 64
> Library API      : 0.25.20101118-1
> QT Version       : 4.6.2
> Options compiled in:
>   linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss
> using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
> using_bindings_python using_directfb using_dvb using_firewire
> using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
> using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg
> using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit
> using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
> using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
> using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
> using_live using_mheg
>
> And my configure string is:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-dvb --enable-firewire
> --enable-opengl-video --enable-opengl-vsync --enable-libfftw3
> --enable-proc-opt --enable-vdpau --with-bindings=python,perl
> --enable-symbol-visibility --compile-type=profile
>
> Hope this helps,

Hi Robert,

Still not sure exactly what was going on, but that has helped.
I tried doing the automatic build of the source package so that
I could see the configure string used, and there wasn't anything
to do with x264 in it. But then I installed the newly built
package, and now everything works fine! :-)  I now have working
previews, bookmarks and navigation in BBC HD and BBC1 HD recordings
for the first time. Strangely my old recordings seem to have correct
indexing too.

So thanks for all the help, Robert and everyone else.

Cheers,
	paul.