[mythtv-users] Backend crashing since adding Freesat source

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 16:15:02 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 7:27 AM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:

> Brilliant! So this can be fixed. I wonder if you can tell me how to find
> out what configuration was used for my version? Is there a way that
> a built myth can tell me? Maybe I could post it for you to run a quick
> eye over?
>
> I suppose it might be better for me to build myth from scratch, but I'm
> a bit nervous of having to solve a lot of problems that the packman
> packagers have already had to deal with. What do you think?
>
> Cheers,
>        Paul.

Hi Paul,

Most of the enable options can be sussed out when using mythbackend
--version.  They're not a one-for-one copy of the configure options,
but most of them are pretty close... something like using_vdpau
indicates the --enable-vdpau was used.  Note that not all of these
using_ strings are configure options.  I'll give you my examples,
hopefully that will help:

mythbackend --version
MythTV Version   : 27307M
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 64
Library API      : 0.25.20101118-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss
using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_directfb using_dvb using_firewire
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_live using_mheg

And my configure string is:

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-dvb --enable-firewire
--enable-opengl-video --enable-opengl-vsync --enable-libfftw3
--enable-proc-opt --enable-vdpau --with-bindings=python,perl
--enable-symbol-visibility --compile-type=profile

Hope this helps,

Robert