[mythtv-users] teletext spacing ?

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 00:03:51 UTC 2010

On 22 November 2010 02:19, raptor jr <raptorjr at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> 'easier to read' doesn't tell me where to start looking and is also
>> largely
>>subjective. It is probably just a case of tweaking the font type, size
>>and perhaps the style (i.e. maybe make the text bold). Comparative
>>screenshots would probably speak volumes :)
>
> With easier to read i meant that the text don't have extra spacing. Here is
> a image from the version i run, with XVideo as renderer, FreeMono.ttf as
> font, and default size. I would think all the default values for MythTv.
>
> http://img88.imageshack.us/i/subf.png/
>
> I hope someone else could supply a screenshot of 0.24 since i have no fast
> way of switching to 0.24. But for the short time i tried 0.24 i didn't
> notice any change in the spacing when trying different fonts.

OK - I think I've worked out where the problem is. Broadly speaking,
we're trying to do the 'right' thing in the teletext code by getting
the font stretch correct but we actually need to just let the font
stretch horizontally so that it fills the area available to it. The
effect is then exacerbated on wide screen displays.

I'll create a ticket and see if I can come up with a fix.

Regards

Mark