[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.24 OSD Responsiveness

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 10:52:49 UTC 2010

Hi

On 21 November 2010 20:17, Andre <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:

> Maybe I was seeing something different but I found that disabling LPCM in the audio setup has speeded things up a great deal! It also stopped the blank video on ac3 change problem I saw which is why I disabled it, odd interaction but I understand from another thread that JYA is working through some problems with the LPCM code right now.

That's not the issues we are working on now. The problem is using hdmi
ports with ALSA and setting passthrough.

If you checked LPCM audio will be decoded locally under some
circumstances, it certainly will have a greater CPU overhead than
doing AC3 and DTS passthrough.

I wouldn't have expected to be too high though
JY