[mythtv-users] HD-PVR horizontal bands

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 17:11:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Christopher Meredith
<chmeredith at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been noticing this for a while now and finally want to fix it. I'm
> noticing that on any content captured by the HD-PVR, there is a thick band
> of discoloration that slowly moves up or down the screen. It's very faint,
> and the effect is usually just to make the "banded" area a shade lighter. In
> complex or fast-moving scenes, it's virtually indiscernible. But you can
> definitely see it in slow pans or dark scenes. I've tried using a different
> component cable but it still happens.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions about resolving this?

It's good that you tried a different cable as that would have been my
first suggestion.  I don't see anything like this, and given you've
tried another cable, my next inclination would be to say try capturing
off of a totally different piece of hardware (ie, a DVD player, XBox
360, whatever) and see if things are different.  My thought is that
your current STB and the HD-PVR disagree in some fashion.

Robert