[mythtv-users] HD-PVR horizontal bands

Christopher Meredith chmeredith at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 17:09:01 UTC 2010

I've been noticing this for a while now and finally want to fix it. I'm
noticing that on any content captured by the HD-PVR, there is a thick band
of discoloration that slowly moves up or down the screen. It's very faint,
and the effect is usually just to make the "banded" area a shade lighter. In
complex or fast-moving scenes, it's virtually indiscernible. But you can
definitely see it in slow pans or dark scenes. I've tried using a different
component cable but it still happens.

Does anyone have suggestions about resolving this?