[mythtv-users] arclight waits, "Loading", for too long

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Nov 16 13:29:15 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 14:20 +0100, dargllun wrote:

> Is that in any way dependent of the number of recordings?

I'm quite sure it is.

> Arclight does
> work for me rather nicely, all I noticed is an overall slightly slower
> performance compared to my previous, simpler theme which I accounted to
> Arclight's complexity.

Indeed.

> But that delay is in the millisecond range.

For me, it's in the range of time where people in the room start to look
over at me with a "what are we waiting for (yet again)" look.  10s of
seconds at least.  It's enough that I'm going to have to start thinking
of bailing out of using Arclight, as much as I like it.

And I do hope that the theme creator is taking this criticism as
constructively as I am offering it.  I'm not just saying this to bash
it.  I am hopeful that my comments will help make the theme more usable.

b.