[mythtv-users] how many people have upgraded to 0.24?

Eloy Paris peloy at chapus.net
Tue Nov 16 04:11:44 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:28:57PM -0500, Eloy Paris wrote:

[...]

> In terms of workarounds I think I will try next deleting one of the
> two tuners of the HDHomeRun. This will cause Myth to never record
> simultaneously on both tuners of the HDHomeRun.

[...]

> I'll report back as soon as I test the workaround I mention above.

The workaround of deleting one of the two tuners in the HDHomeRun seems
to be working -- I now have one less tuner in my 3-tuner system, but
at least I can do two simultaneous recordings (before the workaround,
anything scheduled to be recorded on the HDHomeRun was at risk of not
being viewable if someone watched LiveTV while the HDHomeRun was in use,
or if another scheduled recording used the HDHomeRun at the same time).

It seems like the issue is that when Myth tells the HDHomeRun to start
recording and another tuner is already in use, the tuner that was
already recording stops recording. This would make this problem specific
to HDHomeRun users, but I am not aware of any other HDHomeRun users
reporting the same problem I am experiencing.

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-