[mythtv-users] Arclight not showing fanart for one specific tv show

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 04:09:53 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 7:56 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-11-14 at 19:12 -0800, Robert McNamara wrote:
>> Please don't file a bug.  In addition to not being one,
>
> How do you figure it's not a bug?  Clearly if literals are being matched
> as special characters, they need to be escaped before being matched.
> Not escaping them and failing the match is a bug.  That said...

I disagree.  Sorry.  As *I* said, a perfectly matching system is
possible by naming the artwork by seriesid.  Having it also make an
attempt to match title is a best effort convenience measure.  I'm
trying to explain that if any such ticket were opened, I'll close it
invalid.  I'm attempting to further explain that a better solution is
on the way.  The image hunt code was, and has always been, a stopgap
measure to get the artwork into the PBB.  It is code destined to be
torn out and thus I will not make any further enhancements to it as I
consider it wasted effort.

>> as the image
>> hunt is a "best effort" process,
>
> It could be even better if special characters in the literal data were
> expressed to the matching algorithm as such.  But again, that said...

Please stop "that said"ing.  I am happy to explain to you what the
future plans are.

>> the image hunt will be replaced with
>> assigned images to recording rules in the next release or two.
>
> Assigned?  How?

Assigned per-recording rule.

>> Adding any enhancements to the current image hunting algorithm isn't
>> something I foresee happening.
>
> Well, that's fair enough if something better is under way, indeed.
>
>> If you want to have a "sure thing"
>> match to the image hunt, name the imagery by seriesid, not title.
>
> Is this some kind of "special circumstances" per-incident hack you are
> referring to, like overriding titles in the jamu.conf or are you
> referring to some other tighter coupling (and not "best effort" title
> match) between the seriesid and the metadata sites that jamu (or Mythtv)
> is getting it's information from?
>
> IOW, can you expand on what the future holds in terms of coupling
> metadata to seriesids other than "best effort" matching on titles?

Already explained above.  Artwork will be coupled to recordings like
in mythvideo.  It'll be automatically populated for new recordings
based on their recording rule.

Robert