[mythtv-users] Can anyone else confirm BBC One HD is not transmitting Program ID's

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 10 15:37:54 UTC 2010

On 8 November 2010 22:16, Another Sillyname <anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 8 November 2010 21:46, Paul Shepherd <paul at whitelands.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> On 08/11/2010 18:22, Nick Morrott wrote:

>>> I added BBC One HD manually a couple of days ago and now see this in
>>> MythWeb for MOTD on Saturday:
>>>
>>> Match of the Day
>>> Sat, Nov 13, 11:05 PM to 12:25 AM (80 mins)
>>> Gary Lineker introduces highlights of the day's Premier League action,
>>> with matches including Aston Villa v Manchester United, Manchester
>>> City v Birmingham and Stoke v Liverpool. (Stereo)
>>> [Stereo]
>>> Category:       Sports
>>> Type:   sports (fp.bbc.co.uk/kr2oda)
>>> Programme ID:   fp.bbc.co.uk/7a368g
>>> Length:         1 hr 20 mins
>>> Playback Group:         Default
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Nick
>>>

>> I have a dvb-s and a dvb-t card and your post prompted me to look and I am
>> not seeing any programme id, category or type data on any channel (the
>> programid, showtype and serisid fields in the program table are blank).
>> Recordings made on a retired backend before june 2009 had ids but can't
>> remember what's changed since.
>>
>> I am running 0.23 fixes (24158) and eit is on but not tv_grab_uk_rt at
>> present -the xmltvids in the channel table are blank.
>>
>> I know a full rescan is the usually recommendation but in the past have used
>> a channels.conf file as it's less ag.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> paul

> Unfortunately I've had this problem once before and the only fix was a
> full rescan, even a single mux rescan won't fix it which frankly is a
> PITA.
>
> Ho Hum.....
>
> Life is good!!

If anyone gets this problem this is, unfortunately, what I had to do to fix it.

Firstly save your mythconverg database to make sure you've got a backup.

Make sure you haven't got any scheduled recordings for at least an
hour to allow you two clear shots at this.

stop the mythbackend service

on your backend (preferably) go into mythtv-setup

go into 'Channel Editor'

Delete all the channels on the input with the channels that are not
getting program ID's

exit mythtv-setup (if you get a warning about a tuner starting on a
channel that doesn't exist ignore it for now and exit).

start mythbackend service

run mythfilldatabase (you have to do this to force the EIT cache to
flush, else when you reinsert the channels they pick up the old EIT
information that doesn't have the progids).

stop mythbackend service

run mythtv-setup

go into 'Channel Editor' and using the correct input rescan all
existing transports to reinsert all the channels

when it's finished (and it could take 20+ minutes) exit mythtv-setup

restart mythbackend service

run mythfilldatabase

Hopefully now you've got a clean setup and you can configure your
channels as you desire.

Regards