[mythtv-users] Deleted recording - no disk space returned

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 14:11:45 UTC 2010

If you are running ext3/ext4 (not 100% on ext4) filesystem, then recordings
can take an age to delete from disc.  I used the stats page on mythweb to
monitor the gradually increasing disc space when I removed a ton of
recordings (just to make sure if was actually happening).  Took literally
hours for the recordings to delete and the disc space to be freed

Martin