[mythtv-users] EIT collection on HVR-4000 (DVB-T frontend)

Liam Friel liam.friel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 00:06:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

a question about building listings from EIT: I have a backend box with 2 DVB
cards, TT-3200 DVB-S/S2 card and a HVR-4000 DVB-T/S/S2 card.
Located in Ireland, using freesat on DVB-S and Irish DTT on DVB-T. There is
one single mux active at the moment on DVB-T here, so one transport stream
only.

I have configured this so that the TT-3200 does active EIT scanning when
idle. So the DVB-S listings are always present and correct for 8 days.

Because I want to be able to use both the DVB-T and DVB-S frontends on the
HVR card (e.g sometimes doing multiple simultaneous satellite recordings),
my understanding is that I cannot use active EIT scanning on DVB-T ('cos if
I did, the backend would grab the DVB-T frontend when it was idle and hold
onto it, effectively locking out the DVB-S frontend on that card). Have I
understood that correctly?

So I have that card set to "open on demand" and not to use active EIT
scanning. And have the two HVR-4000 frontends in the same group, etc.

To try to keep the DVB-T listings up to date, I have scheduled a regular
recording on DVB-T, every night at 1am, for 60 minutes.

However listing data for the DVB-T services is not kept up to date:
eventually all the event data expires if left to it's own devices over the
course of 8 days, as new listing are not captured.

If though I take a frontend and leave it watching live TV on DVB-T for a
while on the same service which I have a scheduled recording on, it will
build up the 8-days of listing again.

I was under the impression that the backend would collect EIT data during a
recording. Am I wrong about that? Is there a setting which controls it?

This is backend running the 0-23-fixes branch.

Thanks
Liam