[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup spawns new window and exits before I can read anything

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 13:20:10 UTC 2010

I'm having a problem when I try to run mythtv-setup from a forwarded X
session on my Mac (with X11 installed) - I see errors saying that the
'randr' extension is missing on that display.

I'm trying to run it forwarded from my FE machine and all that happens
is I'm asked to stop the running backend process. If I say Yes a
second term window is spawned and some output is present there but i
closes faster than I can read it. I am then asked if I want to run
mythfilldatabase.

Any suggestions?

I'm trying to implement ACPI shutdowns when my beast of a MBE is idle
so I'm needing to get back in that mythtv-setup program.

Oh it also seems that you can't even run 'mythtv-setup -help' without
an X server. I thought that had been patched already.

-Johnny

My version is 0.24.0~trunk26882-0ubuntu0~mythbuntu1 from the autobuilds.