[mythtv-users] OT: Why 3D TV won't work.

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri May 28 11:22:58 UTC 2010

Simon Hobson wrote:
> Douglas Peale wrote:
>
>> What are you complaining about? I have to wear glasses to watch 2D TV!
>> Yes it is a nuisance, but I do it anyway because I want
>> it to be in focus. I don't see 3D glasses as being any worse.
>
> OK, so you wear glasses anyway - but they are your glasses, not glasses
> needed by everyone that wants to watch TV. You don't need 10 pairs of
> them in case you have some friends round. If any of your friends need
> glasses for correction, then they'll have their own - as 3D TV stands at
> the moment, some of your friends might have 3D glasses, but they'll
> probably be the wrong sort.
>
> Here we go again, V2000 vs Betamax vs VHS all over again !

Not to mention, the glasses I wear around the house are mostly transparent -
they let through almost all light to both eyes simultaneously. Glasses for 3D
can only supply 50% of the light to each eye using the current display methods.

I'm not a rock star - I /don't/ wear sunglasses indoors.

--

Mike Perkins