[mythtv-users] OT: Why 3D TV won't work.

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu May 27 18:40:07 UTC 2010

Douglas Peale wrote:

>What are you complaining about? I have to wear glasses to watch 2D
>TV! Yes it is a nuisance, but I do it anyway because I want
>it to be in focus. I don't see 3D glasses as being any worse.

OK, so you wear glasses anyway - but they are your glasses, not
glasses needed by everyone that wants to watch TV. You don't need 10
pairs of them in case you have some friends round. If any of your
friends need glasses for correction, then they'll have their own - as
3D TV stands at the moment, some of your friends might have 3D
glasses, but they'll probably be the wrong sort.

Here we go again, V2000 vs Betamax vs VHS all over again !

--
Simon Hobson