[mythtv-users] mythbackend does not have access to mysql.txt after .22 upgrade to .23

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 18 14:04:28 UTC 2010

On 05/18/2010 12:52 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 18 May 2010 07:10, Si Jones wrote:
>
>> Should look like this
>> # MythTV Backend service
>> description     "MythTV Backend"
>> author          "Mario Limonciello"
>> start on (local-filesystems and net-device-up IFACE=lo)
>> stop on starting shutdown
>> #expect fork
>> respawn
>> script
>>          USER=mythtv
>>          ARGS="--logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log --user $USER"
>>          test -f /etc/default/mythtv-backend&&  . /etc/default/mythtv-backend
>>          /usr/bin/mythbackend $ARGS
>> end script
>>
> I changed
> /usr/bin/mythbackend $ARGS
> with
> HOME=/home/mythtv /usr/bin/mythbackend $ARGS
>
> problem solved

And note that once you all update to r24669 or higher (trunk or
0.23-fixes), you'll actually get a useful error message that explains
you haven't set a HOME directory.

Qt4 made a change to some functionality, but the documentation still
insists it provides the same-as-Qt3 functionality.  This prevented our
"no HOME" detection from working properly.  We've updated MythTV to now
work with the changed Qt code.

Mike