[mythtv-users] [OT] Ripping audio only from DVDs

Cool Frood aaranya+mythtv at gmail.com
Sat May 8 16:39:41 UTC 2010

Hi,

This strictly doesn't apply to MythTV but I think I might find an
answer here.  I have a concert video DVD that has a DTS 5.1 audio
track.  I would like to just rip the audio track from the DVD and play
it as an audio file on Linux such that I can use HDMI pass through to
the receiver.  How should I go about ripping the DVD so that I can get
all the six channels?  What's the correct audio format/container to
use that I can play easily?  Right now, I have been able to rip the
DVD into per-chapter audio-only VOBs.

Thanks!