[mythtv-users] VDPAU Error: Failed to create output surface on acer (revo) 1600

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Mon May 17 02:25:34 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:

> So I guess maybe I start having to tune the colors on the nVidia ION LE
> in the revo.
>
> Any tips on getting the color coming from the nVidia chipset correct?

The nvidia-settings applet allows you to tweak RGB gamma independently
- just tweak the red gamma by eye until your wallpaper looks right.

I had to do this when I connected a Revo to my Samsung TV - similar to
what you describe, way too much red. I haven't yet tried a Revo with
the other TV, a Sony, so I can't say whether it's an issue specific to
the TV or the computer.

- Chris