[mythtv-users] VDPAU Error: Failed to create output surface on acer (revo) 1600

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon May 17 13:02:24 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 12:25 +1000, Christopher Kerr wrote:

> The nvidia-settings applet allows you to tweak RGB gamma independently
> - just tweak the red gamma by eye until your wallpaper looks right.

I'm not usually so good at that.  I think for me, I can see that it just
doesn't look right, but I'm never sure about what exactly isn't right.

> I had to do this when I connected a Revo to my Samsung TV - similar to
> what you describe, way too much red.

Heh.  Funny enough, My TV is a Samsung too.

Do you have multiple HDMI ports?  Are any of them designated as a
PC-with-DVI?  Do you still see the gross oversaturuation on that port
too or just the non-PC-designated HDMI ports?

b.