[mythtv-users] Fedora 11 update broke Myth's lirc

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun May 16 22:18:45 UTC 2010

> I just did the updates for my F11 fe/be system and now the remote doesn't
> work in Myth.  irw works as expected, as does Xine, and Gnome fires off
> mythfrontend, but Myth doesn't respond to any key presses.  No errors or
> the updates (to 0.8.6-2), but MythTV was not.  My ~/.lircrc and
> ~/.mythtv/lircrc have not changed.  Anyone else seen this?  Any ideas?

I had an issue recently where I did a "yum update" and LIRC no longer
worked at all. This may not be the same as your issue as it sounds
like LIRC does work for some apps and not others. My problem turned
out to be that the newer version of LIRC was incompatible with the
older kernel version and I was still booting into the old kernel
version.

See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/435374#435374

HTH,
Phill